Wawa Weather Update: Showers and Risk of Thunderstorms

1313
Spring Weather Splash
Raincoats and umbrellas

As of 7:00 AM EDT on Sunday, June 16, 2024, observations are not available from Wawa Airport. However, the temperature is 13.5°C with a dew point of 11.2°C, resulting in a humidity level of 86%. Winds are from the south at 14 km/h. The barometric pressure is 101.7 kPa.

Today’s Weather Forecast

Showers with Gusty Winds

Wawa is expected to experience showers today with an accumulation of 5 to 10 mm. Winds will increase, becoming south at 30 km/h, gusting to 50 km/h this afternoon. The high temperature will reach 16°C, with a UV index of 4, indicating moderate UV exposure.

For tonight, expect continued showers with a risk of thunderstorms and fog patches developing in the evening. An additional 5 to 10 mm of rain is anticipated. Winds will be from the south at 30 km/h, gusting to 50 km/h, becoming light in the evening and shifting to southwest at 20 km/h after midnight. The low temperature will be 15°C.

Tomorrow’s Weather Forecast

Cloudy with Morning Showers

On Monday, June 17, 2024, the weather will be cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers in the morning. Fog patches will dissipate by the morning. The high temperature will be 21°C, with a humidex of 26, making it feel warmer. The UV index will be 6, indicating high UV exposure.

For the night, the sky will remain cloudy with a 60 percent chance of showers and a low of 14°C.

Extended Forecast

Mix of Sun and Cloud

On Tuesday, June 18, 2024, expect a mix of sun and cloud with a 40 percent chance of showers. The high temperature will be 24°C. The night will have cloudy periods with a 60 percent chance of showers and a low of 16°C.

Historical Weather Data

Historical High and Low Temperatures for June 16

Historically, the highest temperature recorded on this date in Wawa was 29.4°C in 1995, while the lowest was 0.6°C in 1964.

Wardrobe Suggestions

Given today’s weather, it is advisable to wear waterproof clothing and to have an umbrella or raincoat handy due to the expected showers and potential thunderstorms. Layering is recommended to stay comfortable in the cool temperatures. For tomorrow, light, breathable clothing will be suitable, especially as the day warms up with the humidex.

Weather Trivia

Wawa Weather Trivia

Did you know that Wawa is known for its giant Canada Goose statue, one of the largest in the world? This iconic landmark greets visitors at the junction of the Trans-Canada Highway and Highway 101, symbolizing the region’s connection to nature and wildlife.

Previous articleToronto Weather Update: Warm and Sunny Days Ahead
Next articleGreenstone Geraldton Weather Update: Showers and Thunderstorms Expected