Fort Frances Weather Outlook: Showers and Thunderstorms Expected

4419
Fort Frances
Fort Frances - Image: depositphotos.com

Current Conditions in Fort Frances

As of 5:00 AM CDT on Wednesday, June 12, 2024, Fort Frances is experiencing conditions that were not observed but recorded a temperature of 15°C. The barometric pressure is 100.6 kPa and falling, indicating an approaching weather system. The dew point is 13.0°C, with a humidity level of 90%, making the air feel humid. The wind is from the southwest at 18 km/h, gusting up to 28 km/h.

Today’s Weather Forecast

Wednesday, June 12, 2024

  • Morning and Afternoon: Expect a mix of sun and cloud with a 30 percent chance of showers changing to a 70 percent chance of showers or thunderstorms this afternoon. There is a risk of thunderstorms this morning and early this afternoon. The wind will be from the southwest at 30 km/h, gusting up to 50 km/h. The high temperature will reach 25°C, with a humidex of 29°C. The UV index is 7, indicating high exposure, so sun protection is essential.
  • Evening: Tonight will be partly cloudy with a 70 percent chance of showers or thunderstorms. The wind will become west at 20 km/h, gusting up to 40 km/h before morning. The low will be 11°C.

Wardrobe Suggestions

Today’s weather calls for light, breathable clothing to stay comfortable during the warm afternoon temperatures. Sunscreen and sunglasses are essential due to the high UV index. A raincoat or umbrella will be necessary for the potential showers and thunderstorms. Windproof clothing is also advisable due to the gusty conditions.

Tomorrow’s Weather Forecast

Thursday, June 13, 2024

  • Morning and Afternoon: The day will feature a mix of sun and cloud with a 60 percent chance of showers and a risk of thunderstorms in the afternoon. The wind will become northwest at 20 km/h late in the morning. The high temperature will be 20°C.
  • Evening: Expect cloudy periods with a 40 percent chance of showers. The low will be 11°C.

Wardrobe Suggestions

For Thursday, light, breathable clothing will be suitable for the warm daytime temperatures. A raincoat or umbrella will be necessary for the potential showers and thunderstorms. Due to the variable weather, layers are recommended to adjust to changing conditions.

Looking Ahead

Friday, June 14, 2024

  • Day: The weather will be sunny with a high of 23°C.
  • Night: Expect clear skies with a low of 13°C.

Historical Weather Trivia

On June 12, the historical high temperature for Fort Frances is 32.0°C, recorded in 1995. The record low for this date is 5.0°C, set in 1976.

Interesting Fact

Did you know that Fort Frances’s record high for June 12 is a scorching 32.0°C, set in 1995? This highlights the variability of early summer weather in the region, where temperatures can range significantly, showcasing the dynamic climate patterns experienced in Fort Frances.

Previous articleWeather Outlook for Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug, Bearskin Lake, Sachigo Lake, Kasabonika, and Sandy Lake: Light Rain with Windy Conditions
Next articleVermilion Bay and Dryden Weather Outlook: Cloudy with Afternoon Showers and Thunderstorms