May 23 2024 – Sioux Lookout Weather Outlook Clouds and Showers

3920
Sweater Weather

Good morning, Sioux Lookout! We start the day with chilly temperatures and mostly cloudy skies. Here’s your detailed weather report for today and the upcoming days, including current conditions, forecasts, and tips to help you stay prepared.

Today’s Weather Overview

Current Conditions

As of 4:00 AM CDT, the weather at Sioux Lookout Airport is mostly cloudy with a temperature of 1.0°C. The wind is coming from the northwest at 17 km/h, with gusts up to 35 km/h, making it feel quite brisk. The barometric pressure is 100.9 kPa and rising, indicating improving weather conditions. The humidity level is high at 94%, with a dew point of 0.1°C. Visibility is excellent at 24 km.

Today’s Forecast

Today will remain cloudy with a 60% chance of flurries this morning. The high will reach 9°C, with the UV index at 4, which is moderate. Make sure to dress warmly and be prepared for possible light snow.

Tonight’s Forecast

Tonight, the skies will remain mainly cloudy but will clear after midnight. Expect a low of 0°C, with patchy frost developing, so cover any sensitive plants if possible.

Tomorrow’s Forecast

Expected Conditions

Friday, May 24: The day will start with a mix of sun and clouds, becoming fully cloudy by noon with a 40% chance of showers in the afternoon. The high will be 17°C, and the UV index will be 6, indicating a high need for sun protection. Overnight, the skies will remain cloudy with a 60% chance of showers and a low of 6°C.

Saturday, May 25: Expect cloudy skies with a 60% chance of showers. The high will be around 10°C. The night will stay cloudy with a 30% chance of showers and a low of 6°C.

Wardrobe Recommendations

  • Today: Wear warm layers, including a jacket, hat, and gloves. Be prepared for the chance of flurries this morning.
  • Tomorrow: Dress in layers that can be adjusted throughout the day. A waterproof jacket or umbrella will be useful in the afternoon due to the chance of showers. Don’t forget sun protection.
  • Saturday: Similar attire to Friday, with layers and waterproof clothing to handle the expected showers.

Weather Trivia

Did you know? The record low temperature for Sioux Lookout in May was -6.7°C on May 1, 1963. While today is cold, it’s a reminder of how varied spring weather can be in this region.

Previous articleGreater Sudbury Weather Outlook for May 23 2024
Next articleMay 23 2024 Sault Ste. Marie Weather Outlook Heading to Weekend