Current Weather in Sioux Lookout
Residents of Sioux Lookout are currently experiencing very cold weather. Today, the forecast shows clearing in the morning with a high of minus 19°C. However, the wind chill is much lower, reaching minus 39°C in the morning and improving slightly to minus 23°C in the afternoon. The risk of frostbite is significant in these conditions, and the UV index is low at 1.
The weather tonight will be clear with a low of minus 30°C. The wind chill will make it feel like minus 28°C in the evening, dropping to minus 38°C overnight, again posing a risk of frostbite.
Weather Outlook for the Next Few Days
- Saturday, January 20: A mix of sun and cloud with a high of minus 17°C. The wind chill will be minus 39°C in the morning and minus 24°C in the afternoon. The night will see increasing cloudiness with a low of minus 18°C.
- Sunday, January 21: Cloudy with a 60% chance of flurries and a high of minus 12°C, followed by a similar cloudy night with a low of minus 14°C.
- Monday, January 22: Cloudy with a 60% chance of flurries and a high of minus 10°C. The night will be cloudy with a low of minus 17°C.
- Tuesday, January 23: The day will be cloudy with a high of minus 7°C, leading into another cloudy night with a low of minus 9°C.
- Wednesday, January 24: A mix of sun and cloud is expected with a high of minus 3°C and cloudy periods at night with a low of minus 8°C.
- Thursday, January 25: The forecast suggests a mix of sun and cloud with a 30% chance of flurries and a high of minus 3°C.
Normals and Records
- Normal High and Low: Max -13°C, Min -24°C.
- Sunrise and Sunset Times: Sunrise at 7:58 CST, Sunset at 16:40 CST.
Due to the extreme cold, especially in the mornings, it is crucial to dress warmly. Layered clothing, including thermal innerwear, a thick insulated coat, warm hats, gloves, and insulated boots, is advisable. Face coverings are recommended to protect against frostbite.
Sioux Lookout has experienced some notable weather extremes, such as the lowest temperature recorded at -41.1°C in 1965 and the most snow on the ground at 114.0 cm in 1966.