Sioux Lookout Faces a Chilly, Snowy Day Ahead
Sioux LOOKOUT – WEATHER – Residents in Sioux Lookout are bracing for a day of snow and bone-chilling temperatures. With the mercury dipping to -13°C and snow in the forecast, it’s a day to wrap up warmly.
Today’s Weather Outlook
- Snow Showers: Expect periods of snow throughout the day, accumulating 2 to 4 cm. The snow, combined with an easterly wind reaching 20 km/h, will add to the wintry feel.
- Frostbite Alert: With a high of only -13°C and wind chills plunging to -28°C in the morning and -22°C in the afternoon, the risk of frostbite is very real. Residents are advised to dress warmly and limit time spent outdoors.
Conditions Tonight and Beyond
- Continued Snowfall: Snow will persist into the night, with an additional 2 cm expected. The northeast wind at 20 km/h will contribute to a low of -21°C, feeling like -31°C with the wind chill.
- Friday’s Forecast: January 12, Friday, will see a mix of sun and cloud with a 30% chance of morning flurries. The afternoon should clear up, but with a high of only -16°C and a morning wind chill of -28°C, it’s still a day for warm layers.
- Starry, Frosty Saturday: January 13, Saturday, promises sunshine but no respite from the cold. Expect a high of -21°C and a night-time low of -27°C, with cloudy periods and a chance of flurries.
In summary, Sioux Lookout is in for a stretch of cold and snowy weather. Residents should take precautions against frostbite and slippery conditions on roads and sidewalks.