Whitesand and Armstrong – WEATHER – Residents of Whitesand and Armstrong are waking up to a bone-chilling -21°C this morning, with the day promising little respite from the icy grip of winter.
Today’s Weather Dynamics:
- Chilly Day Ahead: A mix of sun and cloud will be the day’s backdrop, accompanied by a 30 percent chance of morning flurries. Despite the sunshine, the temperature will struggle to climb higher than -15°C.
- Wind Chill Factor: The wind chill is an important factor today, making the morning feel as cold as -27°C and easing slightly to -19°C in the afternoon.
- Flurry-Filled Evening: The night sky will be partly cloudy, with a 60 percent chance of flurries adding to the wintry ambiance. The wind will remain gentle at up to 15 km/h.
- Plunging Temperatures: Temperatures will dip to a low of -23°C, but the wind chill will make it feel even colder, around -31°C. Residents should take precautions against frostbite.
Forecast for Friday and Saturday:
- Friday’s Frost: January 12, Friday, will bring a mix of sun and cloud with a 60 percent chance of flurries. The high for the day will hover around -16°C, but with the wind chill, it could feel as cold as -31°C in the morning and -20°C in the afternoon.
- Starry, Freezing Saturday: January 13, Saturday, promises sunny skies, yet the temperature will remain frigid, peaking at -21°C. The night will be clear with a low of -27°C.
In summary, Whitesand and Armstrong continue to experience the harshness of winter with cold days, frosty nights, and intermittent flurries. Residents should dress in layers and be prepared for frostbite risks during outdoor activities.