THUNDER BAY – WEATHER – As Thunder Bay continues to navigate through the winter weather, the advisory remains in effect this morning, emphasizing the need for caution among residents and commuters.
While road clearing crews are out on major roadways, streets are slippery. Sidewalk crews are out in the downtown Port Arthur area.
If you you need to go out today, drive carefully. Thunder Bay Transit is operating, however there could be delays.
Continuing Weather Challenges:
- Snowfall accumulations of 5 to 10 cm are still a concern.
- Reduced visibility due to ongoing snowfall, especially during the morning hours.
Current Timing of Weather Conditions:
- The snow is expected to gradually ease and end later this morning.
Impact on Daily Life:
- Hazardous winter driving conditions are prevalent across Thunder Bay.
- The snow accumulation and icy conditions may significantly impact rush hour traffic in urban areas.
- Both pedestrians and motorists should exercise extra caution due to slippery surfaces like highways, roads, walkways, and parking lots.
- Motorists are advised to adjust travel plans to accommodate slower and potentially dangerous road conditions.
- When driving in reduced visibility, turn on vehicle lights and maintain a safe following distance.
- Pedestrians should be cautious when walking on icy surfaces to avoid slips and falls.
Travel and Road Information:
- Stay updated on road conditions and travel information by visiting the Ministry of Transportation at ontario.ca/511, following their Twitter handle at twitter.com/511Ontario, or calling 5-1-1 for real-time updates.