Armstrong and Whitesand – Weather – Greetings to everyone in Armstrong and Whitesand! It’s a day for warm coats and hot cocoa as we face a mix of sun and cloud, with significant wind chill to keep things interesting.
Today’s Weather: Brisk and Bright
- Expect a blend of sunshine and cloud cover throughout the day.
- The wind is coming from the west at 20 km/h but will mellow down by early afternoon.
- The high is forecasted to be minus 12 degrees, but don’t let that number fool you. With the wind chill, it will feel like a biting minus 31 in the morning and minus 18 in the afternoon.
- There’s a risk of frostbite due to the extreme cold, so make sure to bundle up well.
- The UV index is low at 1, indicating minimal sun exposure.
- The evening will bring periods of snow, with an expected accumulation of about 2 cm.
- The wind will be gentle, blowing at up to 15 km/h.
- Temperatures will rise slightly to minus 8 degrees by morning. However, with the wind chill, it will feel like minus 18 in the evening and minus 11 overnight.
Looking Ahead to Wednesday, November 29th:
- Wednesday is shaping up to be cloudy with a 40 percent chance of flurries.
- The high for the day is expected to be a slightly warmer minus 1 degree.
Wardrobe and Safety Tips:
- Dress in layers to combat the cold: thermal base, an insulating middle layer, and a wind-resistant outer layer.
- A hat, gloves, and a scarf are essential to protect against the severe wind chill.
- Be cautious about the risk of frostbite, especially in the morning.
Conclusion: Residents of Armstrong and Whitesand, get ready for a day that’s a mix of winter sun and cloud, with some evening snow and a biting wind chill. Stay warm, stay safe, and embrace the beauty of the season with all its chilly splendor!