Seasonal Properties Targeted Between September 26 and October 28
The Thunder Bay Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) are urging the public to assist in identifying a suspect implicated in a series of break-ins at multiple seasonal properties in the Pass Lake area, within the Municipality of Shuniah.
Between the night of September 26, 2023, and the early hours of October 28, 2023, several seasonal properties were broken into with numerous items stolen. The police have released photos of the suspect and are urging anyone with information to come forward.
To provide any tips, call the Thunder Bay Detachment at 807-939-2133, or the non-emergency number at 1-888-310-1122. To remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or report online through Ontario Crime Stoppers, where you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2,000.
Protecting Your Property
It’s crucial for homeowners to take proactive steps to safeguard their properties, especially during off-seasons. Some of the legal and safe measures include:
- Installing quality surveillance cameras and alarm systems.
- Securing doors and windows with quality locks.
- Installing motion-activated lighting around the premises.
- Regularly checking on the property or having a trusted individual do so.
- Documenting and marking valuables for identification purposes.
For more safety and crime prevention tips, visit the OPP website.