KENORA – WEATHER – A heat warning is in effect for much of Western Ontario this morning. Environment Canada says that a two day heat event is forecast for today and Monday.
Maximum temperatures are expected to reach between 32 and 34 degrees Celsius today. Continued heat is expected on Monday but maximum temperatures have the potential to be slightly cooler and reach between 29 and 32 degrees Celsius in some places.
Heat Warning in effect for:
- Kenora – Grassy Narrows – Whitedog
- Sioux Narrows – Nestor Falls – Morson
- Ear Falls – Perrault Falls – Western Lac Seul
- Red Lake – Woodland Caribou Park
- Savant Lake – Sturgeon Lake
- Sioux Lookout – Eastern Lac Seul
- Dryden – Vermilion Bay
- Ignace – English River
- Seine River Village – Mine Centre
Little relief from the heat during the overnight hours tonight into early Monday morning is expected with minimum temperatures forecast to drop to between 21 and 24 degrees Celsius.
Humidex values on today and Monday are expected to reach between 36 and 42.
This heat event has the potential to continue into Tuesday for some areas.