June 16, 2022 – Western and Northern Ontario Weather Outlook

1126
Weather Update Fall

THUNDER BAY –

Thunder Bay

Thursday will see a 70 per cent chance of rainshowers. This afternoon there will be a risk of a thunderstorm. Fog patches will be dissipating this morning. Winds will be from west 40 km/h gusting to 70 late this morning. High for the day of +21.

UV index 4 or moderate.

Tonight will see mainly cloudy skies with the 70 per cent chance of showers changing to a 30 per cent chance of showers later this evening.

There will be a risk of a thunderstorm this evening. Winds will be from the west at 40 km/h gusting to 70 before diminishing to 20 gusting to 40 this evening and then finally becoming light late this evening. Low overnight of +14.

Fort Frances

It is 15 headed to a high of 22 for Thursday in Fort Frances. There will be a few rain showers that will be ending this afternoon then cloudy with a 60 per cent chance of showers.

There will be a risk of a thunderstorm late this morning and this afternoon.

Winds will be from the west at 40 km/h gusting to 60.

UV index 3 or moderate.

Tonight will see mainly cloudy skies with a 60 per cent chance of rain showers this evening. There will be a risk of a thunderstorm early this evening. Wind west 40 km/h gusting to 60 diminishing to 20 gusting to 40 this evening then becoming light near midnight. Then heading to Friday skies will be clearing overnight. Low 14.

Dryden and Vermilion Bay

It is +13 and raining in Dryden this morning with winds from the southwest at 17 gusting to 35 km/h.

There will be a risk of a thunderstorm late this morning and this afternoon. Expect a Thursday high of only 17.

UV index 3 or moderate.

Tonight will see continued cloudy skies. There will be a 60 per cent chance of showers this evening with the risk of a thunderstorm.

Winds will be from the west at 30 km/h gusting to 50 before becoming light late this evening. Winds however will pick up becoming north 30 gusting to 50 overnight. Low overnight of +11.

Fort Severn

It is currently +12 in Fort Severn with light rain. That is as warm as it will get for today. The forecast is calling for clouds with a 40 per cent chance of showers and the risk of a thunderstorm.

Winds will becoming northwest 20 km/h late this morning.

The temperature will be falling to 6 this afternoon.

UV index 4 or moderate.

Tonight will see rain showers ending after midnight followed by partly cloudy skies. It will be a windy night, with winds starting from the north at 40 km/h gusting to 70 increasing to 60 gusting to 80 this evening then, finally diminishing to 40 gusting to 60 before morning. Low overnight of +2.

Previous articleCanadian Exports Confidence Drops
Next articleAlberta Update on Flooding – June 15, 2022