KENORA – LIVING – OPP in Kenora are going to use the carrot instead of the stick when it comes to encouraging young people.
The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Kenora Detachment is bringing back it’s Positive Ticketing Campaign for the second year. Youth who get “caught” doing the right thing could receive a voucher for a sweet treat or an identified gift from one of the below retailers.
Doing the right thing could mean wearing proper safety equipment while riding a bike or helping a neighbour or elderly with yard type work, to name a few examples. Members of Kenora OPP will be on the lookout for positive behaviors, and will reward young people with Positive Tickets, to redeem at one of the businesses below:
· Skup Ice Cream, located on Main Street;
· Sunset Baits, located on Highway 17 East;
· Lake of the Woods Sports Headquarters, located on Lakeview Drive;
· Coney Island Snack Shack, located on Cony Island; and,
· Sweet Lake of the Woods, located on Lakeview Drive.
Kenora OPP thanks the sponsors listed above for their generous support of this initiative. In addition, Positive Ticketing is made possible by:
· Bestway Rentals and Sales
· The Dingwall Group (Dingwall Ford, Bayview Toyota and Woodlake Marine
· The Standard Insurance
Kenora OPP is asking youth to wear property safety equipment and lend a hand, when it is safe to do so, around their communities this summer. If they’re lucky, they might even get rewarded for it!