KENORA – COVID-19 Update – The Northwestern Health Unit is reporting 33 new cases of COVID-19 today.
NWHU advises that, “Only those who live or work in hospitals, LTC, First Nations communities, congregate living and shelters are being PCR tested. Do not use number of cases to judge risk of infection with COVID-19. Protect the elderly and others at risk of severe COVID-19 illness by following all current guidance.”
- 6 new positive COVID-19 test results in the Dryden Health Hub area
- 2 new positive COVID-19 test results in the Emo Health Hub area
- 15 new positive COVID-19 test results in the Fort Frances Health Hub area
- 4 new positive COVID-19 test results in the Kenora Health Hub area
- 1 new positive COVID-19 test result in the Rainy River Health Hub area
- 2 new positive COVID-19 test results in the Red Lake Health Hub area
- 3 new positive COVID-19 test results in the Sioux Lookout Health Hub area
NWHU recommends that everyone, including those who have been vaccinated, assume COVID-19 is in their community and practise preventive measures like physical distancing, wearing a mask in enclosed public spaces and when physical distancing is a challenge, good hand hygiene, and not touching their face. Anyone who has symptoms, or who has been in contact with a positive case, should visit www.ontario.ca/exposed for more information on what to do next.