DRYDEN – NEWS – On April 7, 2021, the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) along with the Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU), Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB), Northwest Region Emergency Response Team (ERT), Northwest Region Canine Unit (K-9) and the Dryden Police Service executed a search warrant at a residence in the City of Dryden.
At approximately 11:50 pm CDT, police executed their search warrant as part of an investigation into the sale of illegal drugs.
As a result, officers seized a quantity of drugs including cocaine, crystal methamphetamine and morphine. Police also located other drug paraphernalia and approximately $2400 in cash.
As a result; 38 year old, Andrew WALMSLEY of Dryden, ON has been charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking- Methamphetamine – Controlled Drugs and Substances Act 5(2)
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking- Other Drugs- Controlled Drugs and Substances Act 5(2) x2
- Possession of a Schedule III substance for the purpose of trafficking- Controlled Drugs and Substances Act 5(2)
- Possession of a Schedule I substance- Cocaine – Controlled Drugs and Substances Act 4(1)
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000- in Canada – Criminal Code 354(1)(a)
- Fail to comply with probation order – Criminal Code 733.1(1) x2
Andrew WALMSLEY was released from custody and is scheduled to attend the Ontario Court of Justice- Dryden on May 10th, 2021 to answer to the above charges.
None of the charges have been proven in court, and all accused are considered innocent until proven guilty.