Sioux Lookout – NEWS – Two people from Sioux Lookout face charges following a drug raid in Sioux Lookout.
OPP report that on December 14, 2020, officers from the Sioux Lookout Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) and the OPP Emergency Response Team (ERT), under the direction of the OPP Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB) – Thunder Bay, executed a Controlled Drug and Substance Act (CDSA) Warrant to Search at a residence on Seventh Avenue, in Sioux Lookout.
During the search, police located and seized suspected illicit substances with a street value of over $30,000, including cocaine, crystal methamphetamine, crack cocaine, hydromorphone and morphine, as well as approximately $10,000 in Canadian currency, and drug-trafficking paraphernalia.
Two individuals have been arrested and charged in relation to this investigation.
Richard JORGENSEN, 57 years old, and Doreen SPENCE, 49 years old, both from Sioux Lookout, have been charged with the following offences:
• Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine, contrary to CDSA Section 5(2),
• Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine, contrary to CDSA Section 5(2),
• Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking – Crack Cocaine, contrary to CDSA Section 5(2),
• Possession of Hydromorphone, contrary to CDSA Section 4(1),
• Possession of Psilocybin, contrary to CDSA Section 4(1), and
• Possession of Property Obtained by Crime, contrary to Criminal Code Section 354(1)(a).
JORGENSON faces an additional charge for Fail to Comply with Release Order, contrary to Criminal Code Section 145(5)(a), and has been held in custody. The accused is scheduled to appear in Sioux Lookout Bail Court on Friday, December 18, 2020.
SPENCE has been released on an Undertaking, and is scheduled to appear in the Sioux Lookout Ontario Court of Justice on January 26, 2021, to answer to these charges.
None of the charges have been proven in a court of law.
If you have any information about the trafficking of methamphetamine or other illicit drugs in Sioux Lookout, call the OPP at 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000. You may also report online at: http://www.p3tips.com/273.