THUNDER BAY – Thunder Bay Police report that on Sunday they arrested a Toronto man who was under court-ordered conditions not to be in the City of Thunder Bay.
Anthony Omar TALBERT was located by police Sunday and found to be in possession of a handgun.
Police officers were originally dispatched to an apartment in the 800 block of McLaughlin Street just before 1:15 am EDT on Sunday, September 27, 2020, following reports of a male possibly armed with a handgun.
When police arrived to the apartment they located the male suspect. The male identified himself to officers, but an investigation revealed he was providing police with a false identity.
Police confirmed the suspect’s true identity and learned he was under court-ordered conditions not to be in Thunder Bay and not to possess weapons. Those conditions stem from previous firearm-related charges in 2019.
Further investigation also led officers to locate and seize a modified handgun.
The accused was arrested and transported to TBPS headquarters without further incident.
Anthony Omar TALBERT, 27, of Toronto, is charged with:
• Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
• Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon
• Possession of a Firearm with Knowledge its Possession is Unauthorized
• Tamper with Serial Number of a Firearm
• Possession of a Firearm Knowing Serial Number Has Been Tampered
• Obstruct Peace Officer
• Failure to Comply with a Judicial Release
He appeared in bail court on Sunday, Sept. 27, and was remanded into custody with a future appearance date. None of the charges have been proven in court.