THUNDER BAY – For Civic Holiday Weekend 2020 – There are a number of businesses that are taking the time off for the weekend.
J. B. Evans Fashion and Footwear in Westfort advises, “We will be closed this Saturday, August 1st to Monday, August 3rd so that our staff can enjoy the sunshine. We will re-open Tuesday, August 4th from 10-5.”
Lori Paras and the vendors at The Hub Bazaar and The Red Bicycle in the Fort William BIA are closed Saturday but look forward to serving you on Tuesday.
Kasper Transportation is open for the weekend. If you are travelling or want to book travel, their Memorial Avenue office is open from 8 am to 10 pm.
Aly’s Mini Putt and Fun Centre at Boulevard Lake is open all weekend. Kevin invites you down for some fun in this top-ten ranked mini-putt in Canada.
Please note that all Thunder Bay District Health Unit offices and call centres will be closed on August 3 for the Civic Holiday!
If your business is having Civic Holiday Hours let us know, firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add your update.
For Monday, is not a holiday for everyone. Major grocery stores, Metro, Safeway, Walmart will all be open, as are Skaffs in Current River and George’s Market on River Street.
Intercity Mall will be open for business from 11-5 on Monday.
Bay Village Coffee is closed until Tuesday, and the Bean Fiend is also taking Monday to enjoy the weekend.
Thunder Bay Transit is operating on its regular schedule for Saturday but on Monday will be on the holiday schedule. Check Nextlift.ca for transit times.
For many in Thunder Bay, the long weekend usually means a trip to the United States. The Border isn’t open as usual, so this weekend, it gives you a chance to relax, perhaps try some of the local shops and businesses you have not checked out in far too long?
Joey’s Only on Arthur Street has perhaps one of the most amazing outdoor patios in the city. Check it out and enjoy some tasty fish and chips.
Maltese Grocery on Algoma is offering up amazing meat, amazing smiles, and service, for your weekend barbecue, stop by.
Banks and government offices are closed until Tuesday.
For Saturday August 1st: Kakabeka Farmers’ Market is open from 9:30-12:30!
Beat the rain and come see us, outdoors at the south end of the Kakabeka Legion parking lot. Here’s our vendor list:
– Hanna Road Produce – beans, peas, zucchini, 3 kinds of beets, kale, chard, raspberries + zippy zucchini relish!
– North Winds Farm – fresh garden produce, bread, baking, wool from their flock for felting, composted manure
– Our Herbs – fresh herbs, seasonal veggies
– The Sandstone Collection – zucchini, kale, pulla bread and zucchini bread, painted rocks
– Scentsational Smells – seasonal veggies, jewellery, apparel
– Growing North – young potted basil and oregano for kitchens, lemon grass, grape vines, daylilies
– Windy Sunshine Farm Boreal Berry Jam – yummy, good-for-you jams and preserves made with local wild ingredients
– BearHaven – radishes, cucumbers, home-made sponge toffee & peanut brittle
– Sista’z Carpetz – colourful rugs in retro colours, 3-ply cotton face masks with removable filter
– SweetLegs by Betty – premium, comfortable, colourful leggings
– Bad Monkey Popcorn – yummy popcorn in bold flavours
– Young Living – essential oils and related products for your well-being
– Plum Hill – goat milk soap, sewing
– The Bear Stick – handmade wooden walking sticks, snowmobile safety sticks