SIOUX LOOKOUT – WEATHER – More snow is in the forecast across much of Northwestern Ontario. Environment Canada says that there will be significant snow from Wednesday night into Thursday.
The snow is associated with an approaching low-pressure system is expected to begin overnight or early Thursday and continue into Thursday night. Total snowfall amounts of 10 to 20 cm are expected with the heaviest amounts falling Thursday during the day.
Special weather statement in effect for:
- Savant Lake – Sturgeon Lake
- Sioux Lookout – Eastern Lac Seul
- Fort Hope – Lansdowne House – Ogoki
- Pickle Lake – Cat Lake – Mishkeegogaming
- Armstrong – Auden – Wabakimi Park
- Beardmore – Jellicoe – Macdiarmid
- Gull Bay – Black Sturgeon Lake
- Marathon – Schreiber
- Nipigon – Rossport
- Geraldton – Longlac – Caramat
- Manitouwadge – Hornepayne
- Nakina – Aroland – Pagwa
For the City of Thunder Bay: No weather alert is in effect however the weather service is calling for 5-10 centimeters of snow… by Thursday the forecast is for winds becoming southeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 in the morning then light late in the afternoon. High minus 2. Wind chill minus 16 in the morning and minus 7 in the afternoon.