THUNDER BAY – FAMILY – The City of Thunder Bay is inviting everyone to spend some time outside experiencing the best of winter at SnowDay on the Waterfront, set for Family Day – Monday, Feb. 18, from 12 pm – 5 pm.
“SnowDay has a variety of winter art and recreation activities that are free for the community to come and explore,” said Ash Young, Cultural Development & Events Supervisor. “The snow sculptures are at the heart of SnowDay and we’re pleased to have 10 teams carving all weekend. Each team brings a unique vision of this year’s theme, transportation. Be sure to come down and vote for your favourite for the People’s Choice Award.”
SnowDay 2019 highlights
- Snow sculptures
- Snow carving – Willow Springs Creative Centre
- Waterfront yarn bomb
- Stage performances – DJ Blackie Chan and Plan B! (the band)
- Mariners Hall performance – Thunder Bay Symphony Orchestra Trio
- Ice slide, ice photo booth and cool canvases – Iceculture Inc.
- Wagon rides – New Canaan Farm
- Helicopter tours – NorthWest Helicopters Inc. (fee charged for tours/weather dependent)
- Tapping trains and outdoor weaving project – Community Arts & Heritage Education Project
- Sugar shack – Club Culturel Francophone de Thunder Bay ($2 maple sugar lollipops for sale)
- Dogsledding rides – Boreal Journeys Sled Dog Kennel (children age 14 and under only)
- Interactive outdoor spinning featuring hula-hooping, poi spinning, juggling, and twirling ribbons – Compelling Characters
- Face painting – Our Kids Count
- Skating party – LU Radio
- Winter Science – Science North
- Save Our Carousel project information booth
- Storytelling and scavenger hunt activities – Parks Canada
- Display and racing demonstration – Lakehead Radio Controlled Car Club
- Wondering dress-up characters – All the Daze Productions
- Giant outdoor games, snow castle building and snow painting
- Sponsor activities
- And more!
Food and beverages will be available at Bight Restaurant and the Bight’s Bait Shop.
For more information, visit www.thunderbay.ca/snowday. SnowDay on the Waterfront is presented by Ontario Power Generation.