KENORA – On Sunday, September 2, 2018, the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were dispatched to a report of an unknown male who had Sexually Assaulted a female, between Park Street and Second Street South, at approximately 1:00 am in the City of Kenora.
OPP were unable to locate the male suspect, but are requesting the public’s assistance to help locate the male. He is described as being Caucasian, approximately 5’6″ in height, shaved head with a dark beard and a stocky build.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation should immediately contact the Kenora OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or (807) 548-5534. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
The OPP reminds all members of the public to be aware of their personal safety at all times. The OPP’s website, www.opp.ca, contains a number of useful resources, tips, and links.
- There is safety in numbers, do not walk alone.
- Avoid dark trails and streets as well as secluded areas.
- Tell people where you are going and a time you plan on returning.
- Pay attention to street names and landmarks such as buildings in case of emergencies. This will help first responders locate you quickly.
- A personal alarm is always a good idea to have, something that makes loud noises.
- Carry a cell phone, and be familiar with the operation of an emergency call on your phone. (Keep in mind that even without a contract people are still able to call 911)