THUNDER BAY – HEALTH – The Influenza A outbreak affecting the following Resident Home Areas of Hogarth Riverview Manor, located at 300 Lillie Street North, has been declared over:
• Marigold (5 North)
• Orchid (5 South)
All restrictions have been lifted for the above Resident Home Areas.
The Influenza A outbreak remains in effect for the Lavender (2 North) Resident Home Area.
The Health Unit is urging people to stay at home and refrain from visiting hospitals and long-term care facilities when feeling unwell to avoid spreading infections to those most vulnerable: young infants and children, the elderly and those with other chronic illnesses.
The Health Unit reminds the public to prevent getting and spreading infections by:
• Getting a seasonal flu shot from the Health Unit or local health care provider.
• Washing hands often, for at least 15 seconds with soap and warm water, or by using an
alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Covering coughs/sneezes with the upper sleeve if no tissue is available.
• Putting all used tissues in the garbage right away.
• Staying at home if sick to avoid spreading infections to others.