DRYDEN, ON – On Sunday, November 05, 2017 at approximately 8:00 a.m. members of the Dryden Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) received several traffic complaints in regards to a vehicle that was weaving in and out of traffic on Highway 17, Zealand Township (East of Dryden).
As a result of the stop, Paul RASMUSSEN (45 years old) of Red Deer, Alberta has been charged with the following offences:
1. Possession of Property Obtained by Crime – Under $5000.0 contrary to Section 354(1) (a) of the Criminal Code.
2. Fail to Refuse of Provide Sample contrary to Section 254(5) of the Criminal Code.
3. Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Methamphetamine contrary to Section 4(1) of the Criminal Code.
4. Fail to Comply with a Recognizance X 4 contrary to Section 145(3) of the Criminal Code.
5. Drive with Disqualified – Court Order contrary to Section 259(4) of the Criminal Code.
6. Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition contrary to a Prohibition Order contrary to Section 117.01(1) of the Criminal Code.
RASMUSSEN was held in custody and will appear in Sioux Lookout Court for a Bail Hearing on November 6, 2017.