THUNDER BAY – NEWS – Thunder Bay Fire Rescue was busy again last night.
At 20:40PM EDT, Thunder Bay Fire Rescue responded to a report of a structural fire on the 100 block of Bethune St., called in by a neighbour.
The first arriving officer noticed smoke coming from a second storey window and initiated a 2nd alarm which brought additional units, for a total of 5 Pumpers an aerial unit and Command vehicle.
The house was under extensive renovations which made for hazardous conditions for on scene fire fighters.
The fire was quickly extinguished by an exterior attack from the rear of the house. Damage was kept to a minimum and no injuries were to report as a result of this fire.
The cause of fire has been determined to be accidental due to a portable halogen light left to close to combustibles.