DRYDEN – SPORTS – With their second Superior International Junior Hockey League regular season title in franchise history secured and on the verge of setting a new club record for wins in a season, the Dryden GM Ice Dogs also remain among the elite in the Canadian Junior Hockey League.
The CJHL announced their latest Top 20 rankings Monday and the GM Ice Dogs were slotted 10th overall among the 132 teams across the country and pockets of the U.S. that comprise the league.
Dryden has run away with first place in the SIJHL standings as they boast a league-best 80 points on a 38-7-0-4 record.
There was no change among the top four sides in the CJHL this week with the Brooks Bandits (AJHL), Georgetown Raiders (OJHL), Les Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ) and Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) sitting one through four respectively.
The Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) jumped two spots in the No. 5 slot this week.
The following is the latest CJHL Top 20 rankings:
CJHL TOP 20 (As of Feb. 20, 2017)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (LAST WEEK)
1. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (1)
2. Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (2)
3. Les Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ) (3)
4. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (4)
5. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (7)
6. Collège Français de Longueuil (LHJQ) (5)
7. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (8)
8. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (6)
9. Wenatchee Wild (BCHL) (10)
10. Dryden GM Ice Dogs (SIJHL) (9)
11. Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL) (13)
12. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (11)
13. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (12)
14. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (16)
15. Cobourg Cougars (OJHL) (15)
16. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (18)
17. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (19)
18. Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL) (17)
19. Pictou County Weeks Crushers (MHL) (14)
20. Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL) (20)
Honourable Mention: Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL); Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL); Burlington Cougars (OJHL); Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL); Cornwall Colts (CCHL)
ABOUT THE CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS
The CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.