THUNDER BAY – Special Weather Statements have been issued earlier this afternoon for a wide range of Northwestern Ontario’
Special weather statement in effect for:
- Atikokan – Shebandowan – Quetico Park
- Upsala – Raith
- Fort Frances – Emo – Rainy River
- Sioux Lookout – Eastern Lac Seul
- Seine River Village – Mine Centre
- Savant Lake – Sturgeon Lake
- Vermillion Bay
- Red Lake
Showers and thunderstorms on the way.
A very moist and unstable airmass will affect northwestern Ontario overnight and Saturday bringing showers and thunderstorms to many regions. Some locales could see heavy rainfall from these storms. Isolated large hail and strong winds gusts may also be a threat.
Watches or warnings may be issued at a later time as the system continues to develop.