THUNDER BAY – NEWS – Thunder Bay Fire Rescue report that at approximately 11:00 PM May 30, 2016 units responded to the Marriot Hotel on the Harbour Expressway for an automatic fire alarm.
It was then reported that there was smoke in a room on the second.
A second alarm was then requested in case those resources were required.
First arriving crew was informed by staff on site that there was some burnt food in a microwave in a room on the second floor. The crew made their way quickly to the room in question and confirmed there was no fire and the burnt food was confined to the microwave.
As a result of the smoke created by the burnt food, ventilation techniques were utilized to clear the smoke from the Hotel.
There were four occupants in the room at the time of the incident with them and all the other guests of the Hotel evacuating the structure. There are no injuries to report and no one required any Medical assistance.