THUNDER BAY – Access to streaming television over the Internet continues to grow. Netflix, Crackle, Shomi and now CraveTV are taking on more and more of the viewership. Couple that with the growth of smart televisions, and streaming devices like Apple TV, are opening the choices.
Increasingly, for young people, streaming television, Youtube and Daily Motion, in addition to Xbox gaming are rapidly replacing some of the time that young people used to spend in front of traditional television programming.
Television manufacturers are now starting partnerships with streaming services to ensure seamless integration of their equipment with the latest services.
CraveTV Offers Free Trial
Canada’s premium TV streaming service CraveTV™ is now available directly to all Canadians for just $7.99/month.
If you are on TBaytel for your television, Tbaytel also offers Crave TV as part of our Digital TV offering
With one-month trial subscriptions now available, Internet users from coast to coast to coast now have direct access to thousands of hours of premium television entertainment at their fingertips, all on their favourite device. Canadians can sign up for CraveTV at CraveTV.ca or by downloading the CraveTV app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. CraveTV also continues to be available from TELUS, Eastlink, Sasktel, Bell Aliant, Bell TV, and other Canadian television service providers at a lower price.
“We’re very proud to enter into the next phase of this incredible service, offering the most premium TV content in Canada at the best price,” said Mary Ann Turcke, President, Bell Media. “Some of the best television in recent memory is available on CraveTV, and we’re delighted all Canadians with access to the Internet will have a chance to discover and enjoy this content, when they want, on the device of their choice.”
CraveTV features a simple, easy-to-navigate interface that allows for more watching and less searching. Titles are curated in a minimalist, engaging interface, allowing users to customize their experience by adding their personal cravings. Programming can be searched by title, new addition, or in more than 20 curated collections, all via a simple-to-use menu. CraveTV is available to Canadians on a variety of platforms, including online at CraveTV.ca, via iOS, Apple TV, Android (including Chromecast), Microsoft Windows 8.1, select Samsung Smart TVs and Blu-ray players, and through television service providers, like Bell.
CraveTV is all about incredible content for TV lovers. Anchored by long-term partnerships with HBO and SHOWTIME®, a subscription to CraveTV comes with exclusive access to some of the most definitive television series of all time, delivering the largest collection of premium content in one place. CraveTV’s offering includes more than 11,000 assets, more than 300 series, and nearly 500 specials and documentaries, in addition to more than 20 curated collections, from every major Hollywood studio, including Warner Bros., Disney-ABC, 20th Century Fox Television, SONY, CBS-Studios, NBCUniversal, and more. CraveTV features must-watch HBO titles like THE SOPRANOS, ENTOURAGE, and SEX AND THE CITY, current SHOWTIME hits such as the Golden Globe-winning THE AFFAIR, PENNY DREADFUL, and RAY DONOVAN, exclusive franchise series and genre-defining brands like SOUTH PARK, SEINFELD, and THE FLASH, and exclusives such as MANHATTAN, BOSCH, and DEADBEAT.
And now, CraveTV gets even better. Coinciding with CraveTV’s direct-to-consumer launch is all-new programming including BILLIONS, the high-stakes, star-studded drama from SHOWTIME starring Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis, hailed by Business Insider as “Wall Street’s favourite TV show.” The first episode of BILLIONS is streaming now on CraveTV, with new episodes available day-and-date with SHOWTIME in the U.S. As well, today CraveTV announces the exclusive acquisition of Jason Reitman’s acclaimed 10-episode, Golden Globe-nominated dramedy, CASUAL. Upcoming CraveTV exclusives include Season 2 of acclaimed audience favourite BOSCH, and the first CraveTV Original, LETTERKENNY, a six-part comedy that will stream in its entirety on Super Bowl Sunday, February 7. CraveTV also confirmed today the service will soon feature HBO hits THE NEWSROOM, TRUE BLOOD, BOARDWALK EMPIRE, and THE JINX.
“The CraveTV premium content offering is truly second-to-none, with thousands of titles ranging from dramas and comedies, to superheroes and sci-fi, to documentaries and music specials, from acclaimed Canadian programming to the very best reality TV series, plus a stellar line-up of exclusives,” said Mike Cosentino, Senior Vice-President, Programming, CTV Networks and CraveTV. “We’re excited to welcome all Canadians to this extraordinary lineup.”
CraveTV’s programming highlights include:
- the entire off-air library of HBO’s iconic programming catalogue, including entire series such as THE SOPRANOS, THE WIRE, ENTOURAGE, and SEX AND THE CITY, and coming soon, THE NEWSROOM, TRUE BLOOD, BOARDWALK EMPIRE, THE JINX, and more;
- acclaimed, award-winning HBO Films such as BEHIND THE CANDELABRA, THE NORMAL HEART, TEMPLE GRANDIN, PHIL SPECTOR, and more;
- the SHOWTIME Collection, anchored by full seasons of renowned, award-winning series including BILLIONS, THE AFFAIR, RAY DONOVAN, PENNY DREADFUL, HOMELAND, UNITED STATES OF TARA, WEEDS, NURSE JACKIE, and more;
- an unmatchable comedy slate, headlined by CraveTV exclusives including the entire catalogues of SEINFELD and SOUTH PARK, as well as INSIDE AMY SCHUMER, THE BIG BANG THEORY, THE GOLBERGS, BROAD CITY, CHEERS, FRASIER, and CORNER GAS;
- the Drama Collection, featuring more than 200 titles from Hollywood and the U.K. including PERSON OF INTEREST, BLUE BLOODS, THE FOLLOWING, THE LAST SHIP, THE LIBRARIANS, THE ROYALS, MURDER IN THE FIRST, and UTOPIA;
- the exclusive home of the Monty Python Collection, including all episodes of the iconic MONTY PYTHON’S FLYING CIRCUS;
- CraveTV exclusives including MANHATTAN, BOSCH, DEADBEAT, and the upcoming LETTERKENNY and CASUAL;
- a Superhero Collection headlined by some of the most-watched television programs currently on-air, including MARVEL AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D., ARROW, and THE FLASH, and coming this fall, DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW;
- a Sci-Fi & Fantasy Collection led by genre blockbusters ORPHAN BLACK and DOCTOR WHO, TEEN WOLF, GRIMM, and exclusive access to all six series composing the complete STAR TREK TV collection;
- a Documentary Collection featuring more than 180 projects, like THE SIXTIES from Tom Hanks, and other master filmmakers such as Spike Lee, Peter Berg, Liz Garbus, Joe Berlinger, and Michael Mann, as well as other acclaimed, award-winning docs including HOW TO CHANGE THE WORLD;
- the most-watched and most-acclaimed original Canadian programming, featuring SAVING HOPE, MOTIVE, 19-2, FLASHPOINT, BITTEN, and DEGRASSI;
- an iconic Music Collection – TV programming expressly dedicated to music and its legends – including FOO FIGHTERS: SONIC HIGHWAYS; BEYONCE & JAY Z: ON THE RUN; and CLASSIC ALBUMS;
- and a can’t-miss collection of Reality TV audience favourites including MASTER CHEF CANADA, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, DEADLIEST CATCH, THE REAL L WORD, GIGOLOS, and more.
CraveTV’s direct-to-consumer launch will be front and centre with Canadians thanks to a multi-layered, integrated national marketing campaign that extends across TV, Radio, Out Of Home, Digital, and Social channels. The media plan will be anchored by a new spot and tagline developed by the Bell Media Agency, which will premiere this Saturday, January 16 during CTV’s broadcast of the 4:30 p.m. NFL Divisional playoff game.
Many television providers continue to offer CraveTV as part of a television subscription. Participating television providers include Bell Fibe TV, Bell Satellite TV, Bell Aliant FibreOP TV, Eastlink, Telus Optik, Sasktel, NRTC Communications, WTC Communications, Tbaytel, Hay Communications, Mitchell Seaforth Cable TV, Tuckersmith Communications, Wightman Telecom, Execulink Telecom, Access Communications, Northwestel, Cable Cable, and VMedia. Many of these providers offer CraveTV via set-top-box, a convenient, easy-to-use feature that enhances the traditional television offering.