Lakehead University Innovation Week at Intercity Mall
THUNDER BAY – TECH – Lakehead University’s 10th annual Research and Innovation Week will have exciting displays at the Intercity Shopping Centre on Saturday, March 7 from 9:30 am to 6 pm.
Displays include artifacts, a mock dig, Superior Science, the Passport program for kids – which includes a chance to win great prizes – and more!
The goal of Lakehead’s 10th annual Research and Innovation Week is to highlight the important work happening at the University.
Please visit lakeheadu.ca/ri for more information.
Upcoming talks include:
· Monday, March 9, 7:30 pm in ATAC 1003 – Dr. John Fyfe, a senior research scientist with the Canadian Centre for Climate Modelling and Analysis, will give a talk called The Global Warming Hiatus: What’s Up With That?
· Tuesday, March 10, 7:30 am in the Faculty Lounge – Scott Kress will give a leadership talk called Learning in Thin Air. Please register by visiting lakeheadu.ca/ri.
· Wednesday, March 11, 5 pm in ATAC 5036 – Dr. Naana Afua Jumah, Assistant Professor at NOSM, will give a talk called Listening, Learning and Walking Together: Indigenous Communities Leading Research in Women’s Reproductive Health.
· Thursday, March 12, 10 am to in the Faculty Lounge – Diana Bronson, Executive Director of Food Secure Canada, will host a forum called Food and Food Policy: Elections and Rebuilding Our Food System. Diana will host a Food Forum on Thursday, March 12 from 10 am to 3 pm in the Agora.
· Thursday, March 12, 7:30 pm in the John N. Paterson Auditorium at Port Arthur Collegiate Institute – Dr. Carney Matheson, Anthropology Professor, will describe the final days of Otzi the Iceman.