THUNDER BAY – UPDATED – With the cold weather, snowmobiles have a special place in the hearts of Northerners.
Today, in Las Vegas, the newest Ski-doo models were announced.
BRP (TSX: DOO) today introduced the 2016 Ski-Doo snowmobile line-up at its semi-annual dealer meeting. Features include an industry-first adjustable ski, new models, expansion of proven technologies and more innovative accessories.
“The 2016 Ski-Doo line-up shows that BRP never stops pushing innovation,” stated Anne Bélec, senior vice-president, Global Brand Strategy and Information Systems. “A ski, one of the basic components of a snowmobile, has been re-engineered so riders can instantly adjust ski bite for changing snow conditions and riding styles. Plus, we bring new models that re-invent or shape segments of the business. It’s this kind of leadership that keeps BRP at the forefront.”
In Thunder Bay, Gordon Trailer is your Ski-Doo dealer. They are at the Central Canada Outdoor & Recreation Show this weekend, February 27, 28th and March 1st.
The proven innovations and product reliability of its snowmobiles and accessories further consolidates BRP’s number one position in the industry. For 2016, BRP’s product breadth reaches new heights in every segment with the new:
- Summit Burton edition, appealing to the large population of snowboarders and skiers that want easy access to the backcountry;
- Renegade Enduro model, inspired by an adventure motorcycle, delivering all-around capability no matter where it is ridden;
- Expedition Xtreme sled, the most rugged and high-performing Ski-Doo utility snowmobile;
- MXZ Blizzard snowmobile with 129″ (327 cm) track configuration to give in-season buyers the features they want; and
- Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC) technology now expanded to the Rotax 1200 4-TEC series of engines. The iTC system improves throttle response, allows operators to choose between three driving modes on the fly and includes learning key functions to control top speed and acceleration.
An equally impressive array of clothing and innovative accessories complements the 2016 snowmobile product line.
BRP also introduced three Can-Am off-road models designed specifically for law enforcement organizations, with a special matte black coloration, pre-installed emergency lights and a warning device.