DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES -LIVING-Creating and organizing a wedding can be a daunting task for any bride. With this in mind,The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centreis providing brides-to-be of the luxury hotel in Dubai, with advice on turning their wedding day dreams into a reality. Each bride will be offered access to one of thehotel’s wedding expertsto carefully guide them through every stage of the preparations whilst ensuring no detail is overlooked, to provide a memorable day for the couple and their guests.
Creating a Wedding that Wows: Tips from Maya Saliba, Weddings Concierge, The Ritz-Carlton, DIFC
1. Choose the perfect setting for the perfect day Start by choosing thewedding venueas this will set the tone and theme for the rest of the wedding. For example, a wedding in a stylish city space such as the Samaya Ballroom at The Ritz-Carlton, DIFC, might better lend itself to an elegant, contemporary dress, whilst a flowing bohemian-style outfit may be more appropriate for an alfresco wedding day.
2. Ensure two stand-out moments to remember Ensure a day to remember with two key stand-out moments that differentiate your wedding from the next. This could be as simple as reading a personalized poem, or serving a bespoke mocktail named in your honor; two talking points should guarantee guests remember your special day over the next.
3. Create a theme and bring it to life Be it shabby chic or pink and pearls, choose a theme early on and pull it through all the key elements of your wedding; from the dresses and flowers, to the cake and menus, ensuring consistency in look and feel. Visit the Ritz-Carlton’s ‘I do’ pin board on Pinterest for some inspiration:www.pinterest.com/ritzcarlton
4. Personal touches add personality Don’t be afraid to ask your venue for help with personal touches; they are there to help. For example, at The Ritz-Carlton, DIFC, we offer a service to all our brides called ‘Crafted with Love’. Our Pastry Chef creates a miniature version of the wedding cake before the real thing to ensure every detail is as the couple envisaged, and any personal requests can be accommodated, however small and intricate.
5. Savor every second When the day arrives, remember it’syourday. Every hour or so, take a moment with your groom, or your mum or best friend at a ladies wedding, simply to take it all in, and ensure the memories stay with you well beyond the big day.