Queen’s Park – New Democrat Leader Andrea Horwath called on Ontarians to have their say on the provincial budget. “People told us they are tired of being ignored by governments that seem more concerned with themselves than with the people who elected them. We put their issues on the agenda. Now we want to ask them how we achieve results that work for them,” said Horwath.
Ontario Budget Consulting
In the lead up to the budget, New Democrats put forward concrete proposals to protect and create jobs, to make life more affordable, to improve homecare, to close corporate tax loopholes, to help the vulnerable, to balance the books in a balanced way, and to make government more accountable.
“Ontarians are concerned that Ms. Wynne hasn’t learned the lessons of her government’s billion dollar eHealth scandal, or $700 million scandal at Ornge, or half billion dollar gas plant scandal. I’m not asking for more. I’m just asking for it to be done right. People want to see more accountability in the budget,” said Horwath.
Horwath unveiled a website and toll-free number so Ontarians can have their say on:
- How to make the budget more accountable to Ontarians and how to make government more transparent;
- Cost saving measures that will balance the budget without jeopardizing services;
- Fair and affordable ways to fund transportation and transit;
- Firm guarantees to deliver on government commitments;
- Reflecting the needs of every region across the province.
The NDP Leader shares, “Ontarians can have their say online at yoursayontario.ca or by telephone at 1-877-341-0244.