THUNDER BAY – Food Now – Looking for a new dip to serve to guests? This has a wonderful refreshing flavour of fresh herbs and tomatoes with a hint of smokiness from the smoked paprika. The hint of cayenne offers up a little heat that can easily be left out or increased depending on your taste.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: n/a
- 1 cup (250 mL) 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 5 oz (150 g – half a 10 oz/300 g log) Ontario chevre (soft, unripened goat cheese)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) finely chopped sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) smoked paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pkg (250 g) naan or other flatbread, cut into triangles
In a bowl, stir together yogurt, goat cheese, basil, tomatoes, garlic, paprika and cayenne pepper.
Serve with flatbread.
Makes 1 1/2 cups (375 mL).
Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Spicy Variation: Stir in 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper.
You can substitute regular paprika for the smoked paprika.
Look for Greek goat yogurt where available and substitute for yogurt in recipe.
Try using this dip spread on chicken or fish and bake for a new dinner idea. You can also butterfly chicken or turkey breasts and use it as a stuffing before baking.
Per serving (2 tbsp/25 mL dip with naan): About 130 cal, 8 g pro, 6 g total fat (3 g sat fat), 12 g carb, 1 g fibre, 14 mg chol, 247 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 10%, calcium 13%, vit A 6%, vit C 3%
Source: Ontario Goat Cheese (ontariogoatcheese.ca)