DRYDEN – Stephen Boon, the Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union of Canada (CEP) National Representative in Dryden has confirmed that the 30 Members of CEP Local 324-10 have voted overwhelmingly to ratify a new Collective Agreement with Comcare Health Services in Dryden.
Boon stated, “We are very pleased to have reached a solid, long-term deal which provides a number of significant improvements for our members.”
Boon reported that 90% of the workers at this Dryden home based health support agency voted in favour of the Deal at a meeting held in Dryden on Wednesday, June 23.
Comcare also has branches across southern Ontario as well as in Thunder Bay, Sioux Lookout and Fort Frances. The members of CEP Local 324-10 had previously held a 95% strike vote on May 23 authorizing strike action which was scheduled to take place at 12:01AM Saturday, June 26th.
Some of the key highlights of the Deal are:
– 10% increase in pay over 4 years (2%, 2.25%, 2.75%, 3% each year of deal)
– 1 additional paid stat holiday
– 36% increase in mileage pay over term of agreement from $.28/km to $.38/km over term
– Improved job posting language
– Increased paid bereavement leave