Arctic Cold Impacts North
THUNDER BAY – There are Extreme Cold Warnings in effect across Northwestern Ontario and Northern Ontario. For the City of Thunder Bay, the forecast is calling local blowing snow early this morning. Winds will be northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. Today’s high is forecast at minus 13. The wind chill, however, will make it feel like minus 35 in the morning and minus 22 in the afternoon. Not that many are likely to head out to tan, but the UV index 2 or low.
Extreme Cold Warning in effect for:
- Kenora – Grassy Narrows – Whitedog
- Sioux Narrows – Nestor Falls – Morson
- Dryden – Vermilion Bay
- Ignace – English River
- Fort Frances – Emo – Rainy River
- Seine River Village – Mine Centre
- Geraldton – Longlac – Caramat
- Nakina – Aroland – Pagwa
- Pickle Lake – Cat Lake
- Summer Beaver – Wunnummin Lake – Kingfisher Lake
- Fort Severn / Washaho Cree Nation
- Big Trout Lake – Kasabonika
- Sachigo Lake – Bearskin Lake
A period of very cold wind chills is expected.
Wind chill values near minus 45 are expected this morning.
Temperatures will moderate through the day. Wind chill values near minus 45 are expected over areas near Hudson Bay again tonight.