THUNDER BAY – A Fort William First Nations man who was the subject of brief manhunt on Wednesday now faces a long list of charges.
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle Causing Bodily Harm
- Resisting a Peace Officer
- Assaulting Peace Officer
- Failure to Comply with Recognizance.
- Two counts of Driving While Under Suspension
- Using a Licence Plate Not Authorized for Vehicle
- Failure to Surrender Permit for Vehicle
- Unsafe Operation of a Vehicle
- Disobey Stop Sign
- Failure to Have Insurance Card
The man assaulted a police officer who required treatment at the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre.
The incident started with a routine traffic stop on Chippewa Road. A Police Officer was struck after the vehicle driven by the accused left the scene while Police were still speaking with him.
A short distance later the suspect abandoned the vehicle, and ran off into the nearby woods.
The suspect has been remanded to Thunder Bay District Jail while the case winds through the courts.