Sault Ste. Marie Weather: Misty Morning with Sunny Skies Ahead

3546
Discover the latest weather forecast for Sault Ste. Marie, including a special weather statement warning of significant rainfall and possible snow. Stay informed on what to expect and how to prepare

SAULT STE. MARIE – The day begins with misty conditions and a temperature of 14°C. Observations at 8:00 AM EDT from Sault Ste. Marie Airport show a temperature of 14.3°C with a dew point of 14.3°C, resulting in 100% humidity. The wind is light from the east at 5 km/h, and the pressure is 101.6 kPa and rising.

Current Conditions

Visibility is currently limited to 1.6 km due to mist, which will dissipate as the morning progresses. The UV index is forecasted to be high at 7, necessitating sun protection for outdoor activities.

Weather Forecast

Today: The mist will clear, leading to mainly sunny skies. The high will reach 27°C with a humidex making it feel like 32°C. The UV index remains high at 7.

Tonight: Increasing cloudiness with a 30 percent chance of showers overnight. Winds from the southeast at 20 km/h will become light late in the evening. The low will be 15°C.

Monday, 8 July: The day will be mainly cloudy with a 60 percent chance of showers and a risk of thunderstorms. The high will be 23°C, with a humidex making it feel like 30°C. The UV index will be 6, categorized as high. The night will remain cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and a low of 12°C.

Tuesday, 9 July: The day will be cloudy with a 60 percent chance of showers and a high of 25°C. The night will have cloudy periods with a 30 percent chance of showers and a low of 13°C.

Wednesday, 10 July: A mix of sun and cloud is expected, with a high of 26°C. The night will be partly cloudy with a low of 12°C.

Historical Weather

On this date, Sault Ste. Marie has experienced a record high temperature of 33.2°C and a record low of 4.5°C, showcasing the range of summer temperatures in the region.

Wardrobe Suggestions

Today’s weather calls for light, breathable clothing to stay cool. Sunglasses, sunscreen, and hats are essential due to the high UV index. Keep an umbrella or light rain jacket handy for the potential showers overnight and on Monday.

Weather Trivia

Sault Ste. Marie is one of the oldest settlements in North America, with a rich history dating back to its establishment as a fur trading post. Its strategic location along the St. Marys River made it a key hub for trade and transport.

Previous articleGreater Sudbury Weather: Warm and Partly Cloudy with Possible Showers Ahead
Next articleSioux Lookout Weather: Cloudy Start with Possible Showers and Thunderstorms