Vermilion Bay and Dryden Weather: Showers and Thunderstorms Expected

6020
Dryden Fire Base

Current Weather Observations for Vermilion Bay and Dryden

As of 5:31 AM CDT, Thursday, June 13, 2024

At Dryden Airport, the temperature is currently 11.3°C with light rain. The barometric pressure stands at 100.5 kPa. The dew point is 10.1°C, and the humidity level is high at 92%, indicating very moist air. Winds are blowing from the west at 9 km/h. Visibility is good at 16 km despite the light rain.

Detailed Weather Forecast for Today and Tomorrow

Today: Thursday, June 13, 2024

Vermilion Bay and Dryden will experience mainly cloudy skies today. There is a 30% chance of showers early this morning, increasing to a 70% chance by mid-morning, and then decreasing to a 30% chance late this afternoon. There is also a risk of thunderstorms throughout the day. Winds will shift to the north, increasing to 20 km/h and gusting up to 40 km/h this afternoon. The high temperature will reach 20°C, and the UV index will be moderate at 5, indicating the need for some sun protection.

Tonight

The evening will be partly cloudy with a 30% chance of showers early on. Winds from the north at 20 km/h gusting to 40 km/h will become light by early evening. The overnight low will be 8°C.

Tomorrow: Friday, June 14, 2024

Friday will feature a mix of sun and cloud with winds shifting to the southwest at 20 km/h in the afternoon. The high will be 23°C, and the UV index will be high at 7, indicating the need for adequate sun protection.

Night

Clear skies will prevail through the night, with temperatures dropping to a low of 11°C, ensuring a pleasant and cool evening.

Historical Weather Data for June 13

The historical high for this date in Dryden is 31.1°C, recorded in 1995, while the record low is 2.0°C, set in 1963.

Wardrobe Suggestions

For today, it’s advisable to wear layered clothing to adapt to the varying temperatures and conditions. Carrying an umbrella or a rain jacket will be useful due to the likelihood of showers and the risk of thunderstorms. For tonight and tomorrow, a light jacket or sweater will be beneficial as temperatures drop during the evening.

Weather Trivia

Did you know? Vermilion Bay and Dryden are located in northwestern Ontario, an area known for its beautiful lakes and rugged wilderness, which contribute to its unique and sometimes unpredictable weather patterns.

Previous articleFort Frances Weather: Increasing Cloudiness with Showers and Thunderstorm Risk
Next articleKenora, Lake of the Woods, and Clearwater Bay Weather: Cloudy Skies and Showers Ahead