Thunder Bay Weather Outlook: Misty Morning with Afternoon Showers and Thunderstorms

12026
McVicar's Creek in Thunder Bay
McVicar's Creek in Thunder Bay

Current Conditions in Thunder Bay

As of 6:04 AM EDT on Wednesday, June 12, 2024, Thunder Bay is experiencing misty conditions with a temperature of 5°C, observed at Thunder Bay Airport. The barometric pressure is 100.7 kPa, indicating an approaching weather system. The dew point is 5.2°C, with full saturation at 100% humidity, making the air feel very damp. The wind is from the west at 5 km/h, and visibility is reduced to 4 km due to the mist.

Today’s Weather Forecast

Wednesday, June 12, 2024

  • Morning and Afternoon: The day will feature a mix of sun and cloud with a 30 percent chance of showers changing to a 70 percent chance of showers or thunderstorms this afternoon. There is a risk of thunderstorms this morning and early this afternoon. The wind will become southwest at 40 km/h, gusting up to 60 km/h late this morning. The high temperature will reach 23°C, with a humidex of 26°C. The UV index is 7, indicating high exposure, so sun protection is essential.
  • Evening: Tonight will be partly cloudy with a 70 percent chance of showers or thunderstorms. The wind will shift to the southwest at 30 km/h, gusting up to 50 km/h, becoming east at 40 km/h, gusting to 60 km/h, and then light late in the evening. The low will be 11°C.

Wardrobe Suggestions

Today’s weather calls for layered clothing to stay comfortable in the cool morning temperatures and warmer afternoon. Waterproof clothing, such as a raincoat, is advisable due to the expected showers and potential thunderstorms. Sunscreen and sunglasses are essential due to the high UV index.

Tomorrow’s Weather Forecast

Thursday, June 13, 2024

  • Morning and Afternoon: The day will feature showers with a risk of thunderstorms. Local rainfall amounts are expected to be 10 to 20 mm. The wind will become west at 20 km/h late in the morning. The high temperature will be 22°C, with a humidex of 25°C.
  • Evening: Expect cloudy periods with a 40 percent chance of showers. The low will be 8°C.

Wardrobe Suggestions

For Thursday, dress in waterproof and windproof clothing due to the expected rain and gusty conditions. Light, breathable layers will help manage the warm daytime temperatures.

Looking Ahead

Friday, June 14, 2024

  • Day: The weather will be sunny with a high of 23°C.
  • Night: Expect clear skies with a low of 11°C.

Historical Weather Trivia

On June 12, the historical high temperature for Thunder Bay is 30.8°C, recorded in 1991. The record low for this date is 1.3°C, set in 1964.

Interesting Fact

Did you know that Thunder Bay’s record high for June 12 is a warm 30.8°C, set in 1991? This highlights the variability of early summer weather in the region, where temperatures can range significantly, showcasing the dynamic climate patterns experienced in Thunder Bay.

Previous articleWinnipeg Weather Outlook: Foggy Morning with a Chance of Afternoon Showers and Thunderstorms
Next articleTraveller’s Weather and Road Report: Navigating June 12, 2024