Victoria Day Weather Outlook for Toronto on May 20 2024

13084
Viking Octantis
Viking Octantis in Toronto

TORONTO – Weather – Good morning, Toronto! Today’s weather brings a mix of sun and clouds with a warm temperature on the horizon. Here’s a detailed look at what to expect for today and the upcoming days.

Today’s Weather Overview

Current Conditions

As of 7:00 AM EDT, the weather at Toronto Pearson International Airport is mostly cloudy with a temperature of 16.8°C. The barometric pressure is at 101.6 kPa and rising, suggesting stable weather conditions. The dew point is 10.6°C, with humidity levels at 67%. Winds are coming from the north-northwest at 7 km/h, and visibility is excellent at 24 km.

Forecast for Today

Today’s forecast predicts sunny conditions transitioning to a mix of sun and clouds by this morning. The high will reach 25°C, with a humidex of 27 making it feel slightly warmer. The UV index is very high at 8, so make sure to apply sunscreen if you’re spending time outdoors.

Tonight

Expect clear skies early in the evening, turning partly cloudy overnight with a 30% chance of showers and a risk of thunderstorms. The low will be 19°C.

Tomorrow’s Forecast

Expected Conditions

Tuesday, May 21: The day will feature a mix of sun and clouds, with a 30% chance of showers early in the morning and a 40% chance of showers late in the afternoon. There is also a risk of thunderstorms. Winds will become southwest at 20 km/h in the afternoon. The high will be 29°C, with a humidex of 36, making it feel much warmer. The UV index remains very high at 8.

Tomorrow Night

The night will be cloudy with a 30% chance of showers, and temperatures will drop to a low of 15°C.

Wednesday, May 22: The skies will remain cloudy with a 40% chance of showers during the day and a high of 25°C. The night will see a 60% chance of showers with a low of 14°C.

Wardrobe Recommendations

  • Today: Light clothing with a hat and sunglasses for sun protection. Don’t forget your sunscreen due to the high UV index.
  • Tomorrow: Dress in breathable fabrics to stay cool with the high humidex. Keep a rain jacket or umbrella handy due to the chance of showers and thunderstorms.
  • Wednesday: Prepare for rain with waterproof clothing and an umbrella.

Weather Trivia

Did you know that Toronto experiences more thunderstorms on average than any other Canadian city? This is due to its location in Southern Ontario, where weather systems often converge.

Previous articleWinnipeg Weather Outlook for Victoria Day Monday May 20 2024
Next articleVictoria Day 2024 Monday Forecast for Thunder Bay