May 10, 2024: Greater Sudbury Weather Forecast: Variable Conditions with Periodic Showers

Weather Update Fall

Early this morning, residents of Greater Sudbury are experiencing partly cloudy skies with temperatures sitting at a chilly 4.4°C, as reported from the Greater Sudbury Airport. The coming days will see fluctuating weather, ranging from clear skies to periods of showers.

Today’s Weather Overview:

Current Conditions:

As of 5:00 AM EDT at Greater Sudbury Airport, the temperature is recorded at 4.4°C under partly cloudy skies. The barometric pressure is at 101.2 kPa and falling, suggesting possible weather changes. Humidity is relatively high at 79%, with a dew point of 1.0°C. Winds are calm, and visibility is excellent at 24 kilometers.

Expected Conditions:

Today, the sky will remain mainly cloudy, with temperatures expected to climb significantly to a high of 17°C. The UV index will be moderate at 5, making it a good day for those looking to spend time outdoors with appropriate sun protection.

Tonight, the sky will clear, though fog patches are expected to develop overnight. The low will hold steady at a cool 4°C.

Saturday, May 11, will bring increasing cloudiness. There is a 30% chance of showers late in the morning and early afternoon, which will increase to a 70% chance later in the afternoon. Morning fog patches will dissipate as the day warms to a high of 15°C, with a moderate UV index of 4.

The night will see cloudy periods with a continued 30% chance of showers, maintaining a low of around 5°C.

Sunday, May 12, is forecasted to have a mix of sun and cloud with a 30% chance of showers throughout the day. The high will be slightly warmer at 18°C. The evening will become cloudy, with temperatures dropping to a low of 10°C.

Wardrobe Recommendations:

With the variability in weather, layering will be essential for comfort. A waterproof jacket and an umbrella will be practical due to the predicted showers. Sunscreen should also be part of your daily routine during the sunnier moments of the day.

Weather Trivia:

Greater Sudbury, known for its large nickel mining district, often experiences diverse weather patterns due to its geographic location amidst multiple small lakes and exposed rock of the Canadian Shield.

Previous articleMay 10 2024: Toronto Weather Forecast: Moderate Temperatures with Intermittent Showers
Next articleSault Ste. Marie Weather Forecast: Mixed Skies with Shower Chances