Whitesand and Armstrong: Light Snow and Chilly Winds Today, Flurries Continue into the Week

1047
Winter Weather Update

Current Conditions: As the day begins in Armstrong and Whitesand, residents are waking up to a chilly -9°C, with light snow gently falling from the sky. The calm west winds at 5 km/h add a brisk feel to the morning, with a wind chill making it feel like -5°C. The barometer holds steady at 101.8 kPa, indicating stable weather conditions for now.

Today’s Forecast: The day will remain mainly cloudy, with a 30 percent chance of light flurries swirling through the air. Winds are expected to pick up slightly, reaching up to 15 km/h, making the high of -6°C feel significantly colder. Morning wind chills are forecasted to dip to -16, slightly improving to -8 in the afternoon. Despite the overcast skies, the UV index will remain low at 1.

Tonight’s Outlook: As the evening progresses, the clouds persist, and the chance of flurries increases to 70 percent. The gentle wind will continue, contributing to a low of -13°C. Those venturing out in the evening can expect wind chills around -10, dropping to -16 overnight, as the cold firmly takes hold.

Looking Ahead to Monday, 12 Feb: The new week starts with a mix of sun and cloud, providing brief respite from the snow. However, a 70 percent chance of flurries in the early hours will decrease to 30 percent as the day progresses. Winds will remain consistent, and the temperature will hover around -5°C, with wind chills making it feel as cold as -16 in the morning and -7 in the afternoon. The UV index stays low at 1, reflecting the limited sunshine.

Monday Night: The skies will see cloudy periods, with a continuing 30 percent chance of flurries. The temperature is expected to plunge to a low of -19°C, marking the coldest night of the current forecast period.

Residents of Armstrong and Whitesand should prepare for a series of chilly days ahead, with sporadic flurries adding a wintery charm to the landscape. Dressing in layers and staying informed about the changing weather conditions will be key to navigating the week comfortably.

Previous articleQuality and Authenticity Boosts a Business, A Look at Tina Dang’s Values for Tealux Cafe
Next articleWeather Update: Sachigo Lake and Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug – Cold and Flurries