Toronto Endures a Snowy Chill: Light Snow and Flurries Dominate the Forecast

9993
Toronto Digital Infrastructure Strategic Framework

TORONTO – WEATHER – Toronto will experience a wintry day as light snow is falling in the city this morning. The temperature hovers around -8°C with a wind chill making it feel like -13°C. The skies remain mainly cloudy, with a 70% chance of flurries transitioning to a 30% chance in the afternoon.

The southwest wind at 20 km/h, gusting up to 40 km/h, is expected to become light later in the day. Despite the cold, the UV index remains low at 1.

The Evening Outlook and Beyond

Tonight, the city will continue to see mainly cloudy skies. Early in the evening, there’s a 30% chance of flurries, followed by a 40% chance of light snow before morning. The wind will shift to the northeast at 20 km/h. The temperature will drop to -9°C, with a wind chill of -6°C in the evening and -17°C overnight.

Looking ahead to Friday, the 19th of January, Toronto will remain mainly cloudy with a 60% chance of light snow. The northeast wind will continue at 20 km/h, gusting to 40 km/h. The high is expected to be -7°C with a wind chill near -17°C. The UV index will remain low.

Wardrobe Suggestions

Given the snowy conditions and significant wind chill, it is advisable to wear insulated coats, waterproof boots, gloves, and hats to stay warm and dry.

Weather Trivia

Did you know that Toronto’s record for the greatest snowfall on January 19th was 13.0 cm back in 1987? This day stands out in the city’s winter history for its substantial snow accumulation.

Previous articleManitoba Winter Whirl: An Upside-Down Weather Phenomenon!
Next articleWhitesand and Armstrong Basking in Polar Plunge – Extreme Cold Warning Continues