Residents of Whitesand and Armstrong are wrapping up the year with a series of sunny and cloudy days, accompanied by notably low temperatures that define the winter season in this region.
Today’s Weather (Friday): The area is experiencing a sunny day, with light winds up to 15 km/h. Despite the sunshine, it’s a chilly day with a high of only -3°C. The wind chill makes it feel colder, dropping to -14°C in the morning and -5°C in the afternoon.
Wardrobe Suggestions: Dress warmly with multiple layers, including a heavy coat, gloves, and a hat to protect against the wind chill.
Tonight’s Forecast: The sky will turn mainly cloudy tonight, with continued light winds. Temperatures will dip significantly to a low of -13°C, and the wind chill will make it feel as cold as -16°C.
Weekend and New Year’s Outlook:
- Saturday, December 30: Expect a cloudy day with a 30% chance of flurries in the afternoon. North winds will pick up, reaching 20 km/h by late afternoon. Temperatures will hover around -8°C, but the wind chill will make it feel closer to -16°C.
- Sunday, December 31: New Year’s Eve will bring a mix of sun and cloud with a 30% chance of flurries. The high will be a frigid -14°C.
- Monday, January 1: The new year starts with a mix of sun and cloud and a slightly warmer high of -6°C.
- Saturday Night: Cloudy periods with a 40% chance of flurries and a low of -20°C.
- Sunday Night: Expect cloudy periods with temperatures dropping to -17°C.
- Monday Night: Cloudy periods continue with a 40% chance of flurries and a low of -14°C.
Weather Trivia: In regions like Whitesand and Armstrong, winter temperatures can plunge significantly, often influenced by local geographical factors and prevailing northern winds.