Today’s Weather in Vermilion Bay and Dryden: Cloudy with Freezing Drizzle
A misty morning at -4°C greets Vermilion Bay and Dryden, recorded at Dryden Airport.
Today’s Forecast (Wednesday)
- Expect a cloudy day with a 70% chance of flurries or freezing drizzle this morning.
- Fog patches are likely to dissipate during the morning.
- Winds will remain gentle at up to 15 km/h.
- The high for today is forecasted to be 0°C, with a morning wind chill of -7°C.
Tonight: Overcast Skies and Cooler Temperatures
- The evening will stay overcast.
- Light winds will persist.
- Nighttime temperatures will drop to -6°C, with an overnight wind chill of -9°C.
Brighter Afternoon Expected on Thursday
- Thursday, December 28, will start cloudy but is expected to clear in the early afternoon.
- Winds will continue at a light pace.
- The high for the day is predicted to be -3°C, with a wind chill feeling like -12°C.
- The night will clear up, with a low around -9°C.
Friday Brings Sunshine and Cold Temperatures
- Friday, December 29, will be sunny, offering a break from the cloudiness, with a high of -6°C.
- The night will remain clear, but temperatures will drop to a chilly -13°C.
Weather Trivia: The Phenomenon of Freezing Drizzle
Freezing drizzle occurs when small droplets of supercooled liquid water freeze upon contact with cold surfaces, forming a thin layer of ice. It’s a common winter phenomenon that can create slippery conditions.