DRYDEN – At information meetings on Monday, Unifor Local 324-14 members voted unanimously in favour of a new 3 year deal with Patricia Garden’s Supportive Housing Facility. “Unifor members in Dryden were very pleased with the solid monetary gains and language improvements achieved in this new contract. It provides much needed stability for our members as they continue to focus on providing critical services during this ongoing pandemic,” said Stephen Boon, Unifor National Representative in Dryden.
Katrina Peterson, President of Local 324 added, “despite ongoing provincial funding challenges, we are pleased to see that our health care members in Dryden have secured a solid agreement with a number of key improvements and wage increases at the upper end of the provincial range for the sector. We commend the work of the bargaining committee and appreciate the support of the Unifor membership at Patricia Gardens.”
The new deal is in place from April 1, 2022 to March 31, 2025 and the key terms include:
• 2.8% annual wage increase;
• $.25/hour increase in shift differentials;
• 12 cent increase in mileage pay to $.57/KM;
• 8th week of vacation after 30 years of service;
• 1 additional sick day;
• $75 increase in eye glass coverage;
• increased 4 hour call in pay;
• $50 increase in annual uniform/shoe allowance and uniform allowance;
• improved break, scheduling and sick time language.