Many European countries have legalized online wagering by now. Such a decision brings many benefits to the government, gambling operators, and punters themselves. One of the jurisdictions known for its indulgent attitude toward Internet gambling in Spain. Today, we’ll speak about the issue of gambling in this country and observe the best online casinos in Spain.
The History Of Gambling In Spain
Wagering was first legalized in Spain in 1276. Since then, it was prohibited multiple times. The final solution concerning the legality of wagering was taken in 1977. Until that time, only lotteries were allowed.
Today, the activity is controlled on two levels:
- Regional (by autonomous regions).
Thus, the majority of gambling games at land-based venues are legal:
- Various kinds of roulette
- Sports betting
- Poker, etc.
In 2011, the iGaming industry was legalized in the country with the corresponding act. It’s now controlled on a federal level. The initial forms of Internet wagering were sports betting and lotteries. They became legal a bit earlier in 2006. However, only after 2011, private providers obtain a chance to receive official licenses.
Starting from 2020, strong measures against problem gambling have been taken by various provinces. And in 2022, the government imposed a severe ban on any type of gambling adverts (including TV, radio, or the Internet). In addition, wagering sponsorships and welcoming rewards were also forbidden. Thus, the bounties are allowed only to punters with an account of at least one-month-old and who have replenished it at least 3 times.
Wagering in Spain
The state is full of passionate gamblers, so the majority of the population practices various gambling games. Online casinos are legal in Spain. This country has its own license, which can be issued by the General Directorate a.k.a. the DGOJ.
To launch an online casino in Spain, an operator is to obtain a general operating allowance, which is active for 10 years. In addition to it, licenses for certain game types should be obtained as well:
- Sports pool betting
- Horse betting, etc.
The requirements for the providers and fees are defined by the DGOJ. The payments depend on the options provided by an operator and are published on the DGOJ site.
Taking into account the fact that it’s not easy to obtain a Spanish license, many Internet gaming establishments still prefer easier solutions. There’re many jurisdictions, which offer operating permits with less strict requirements and smaller payments. As a result, such gaming facilities are reliable and accept Spanish punters but they don’t have to pass through a long & exhausting process and pay huge amounts of money.
How to Choose a Platform for Spanish Punters?
There exist so many Internet wagering venues that it’s often difficult to make the right choice. There’re a few issues a Spanish punter should pay attention to:
|Operating permit||It’s not obligatory to look for gaming establishments with a Spanish license and a bunch of restrictions. Just make certain the platform is certified by at least one of the reliable licensors – Curacao, MGA, UKGC, Kahnawake, etc. The information about an operating permit is published on the official website in open access.|
|Language||Although many Spaniards speak English quite well, it’s still better if a gaming club supports your native language. Thus, you will easily find anything you need and enjoy a comfortable experience.|
|Currency||The official currency of the country is Euro. Thus, it’s recommended to observe the currencies a selected gaming club accepts. EUR should be on the list to ensure comfortable payments and the absence of additional expenses on conversion.|
|Payment tools||Wagering houses usually offer a wide range of methods including bankcards, electronic wallets, money transfers, crypto, etc. Observe all the accessible tools to make sure there’s at least one suitable. Note that it should be used for both replenishments and payouts.|
|Customers’ assistance||It’s an important issue for the resolving of diverse problems. First, consider the methods of contacting an agent. It’s better when several tools are provided (for instance, email and live chat). The second thing is the language of the assistance team. The agent should be able to answer in English (or better in your native language). Thus, their help will be more effective.|
|The collection of games||Different clubs might offer various sets of products. There might be platforms devoted to just slots or only sports betting. At the same time, there exist gaming venues with diverse options. it’s important to observe the list of game developers and make certain all software is certified and provides fair outcomes.|
These are the main criteria for the right choice of an Internet gaming club for Spaniards. Observe all of them and don’t forget to estimate bounties provided to new and existing subscribers.
The Best and Reliable Clubs for Spanish Punters
To help our readers make the right decision, we want to offer our list of trustworthy gaming venues, which are glad to welcome Spaniards:
- Planet 7 casino mobile. This is a reliable gaming facility, the interface of which is accessible in English. It was established in 2002 and welcomes gamers from various EU countries including Spain. There’s a pleasant welcome reward and many payment tools provided. Planet 7 casino mobile grants free spins and other prizes to subscribers in terms of regularly updated promotions. Gamers can enjoy pokies, card games, and table games.
- Green. The platform was established in 2007 and proved to be reliable. It’s a reputable gambling house with licenses from MGA, UKGC, and Spelinspektionen. Many options are provided by the best and most well-known developers. The smallest replenishment is reasonable and totals just 10 EUR. The currency is suitable for Spaniards. The bounties are not huge but the club offers both match bonuses and spins to newcomers.
- It’s one of the most reliable clubs across Europe. It has operating permits from MGA, Spelinspektionen, and UKGC. There’s a comfortable currency supported (EUR). The min deposit isn’t large and totals 10 EUR. Punters will find the products from top developers and diverse wagering options. The platform is nice to play from any device.
- It’s a platform created in 2002 under the Curacao license. It offers a pleasant interface available in Spanish (along with other languages). Top software providers with their certified products are presented on the website. There’s the Euro among the currency options with a min replenishment of 10 EUR. The welcoming reward is generous.
- The platform was formed in 2012. The interface is accessible in English and Spanish. The club is certified by Curacao and offers a large collection of games from well-known developers. The resource accepts Euros and has a min deposit of 10 EUR. The welcoming bounty isn’t very big though.
Spaniards are very fond of wagering. The activity is legal in this country, so punters can feel free to enjoy their pastimes. The key thing is to choose a reliable gaming platform. Follow our tips, make sure there’s a license (either from Spain or the other jurisdiction), create an account, and start winning and having fun.