FORT FRANCES – NEWS – Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Rainy River Detachment along with OPP North West Region Emergency Response Team and Treaty Three Police Service conducted a drug investigation from May 22 to May 23, 2022 within Rainy River District.
As the result of a traffic stop and the execution of a search warrant at a residence in Fort Frances, Ontario, police seized a quantity of fentanyl, xanax, hydromorphone, methamphetamine, a prohibited weapon (taser) and evidence of drug trafficking.
As a result of the investigation, Jade MORRISON (30) of Fort Frances, Ontario faces numerous charges under the Criminal Code of Canada (CC) including:
· Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine, contrary to sec. 5(2)
· Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Fentanyl, contrary to sec. 5(2)
· Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Hydromorphone, contrary to sec. 5(2)
· Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition, contrary to sec. 92(2)
· Fail to Comply with a Release Order, contrary to sec. 145(5)(a)
Jade MORRISON is currently in custody. Jade MORRISON is currently in custody and is awaiting a Bail Hearing on May 26, 2022.
North West Region OPP asks anyone with information to contact OPP at 1-888-310-1122. You can also provide information anonymously by contacting Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or online at www.ontariocrimestoppers.ca.