The 2022 Preakness Stakes will be held in the venue where organizers always host it. This race will be in between the Kentucky Derby and the Belmont Stakes. Due to health restrictions last year, only limited seating was allowed in the venue. This year, you can enter the venue and secure a ticket without a sweat.
Are you thinking of betting on the race? Then, you have several things you have to read about first. Please read on below to learn about the types of bets you can place, when and where it is, what the triple crown is, and who are the unforgettable horses in past races.
Types of Bets in Preakness Stakes
The following are the three basic types of bets in the Preakness Stakes.
- Win – The horse you choose should come in first place for you to win the bet.
- Place – You win your bet if the horse you choose places either first or second.
- Show – Winning this bet means you choose a horse that either comes in first, second, or third.
Having a 2022 preakness betting guide to help you in your betting journey can be a good thing. With a guide at your side, you’ll be able to make the best decisions. Even though you don’t win, you’ll be armed with more information to make better bets the next time around.
When are the Preakness Stakes?
There are only a few weeks left before the 2022 Preakness Stakes! Organizers will hold it on a Saturday, May 21, 2022. Book your tickets, and read about the horses and track to ease your betting experience this May!
Where can I watch it?
Watching the game live is an excellent way to observe and place your bets on horses and plays immediately. You can either watch in Maryland or subscribe to an online streaming website.
Pimlico Race Course
Do you want to watch the horses in person? Then, you can visit the racecourse in Baltimore, Maryland. The Preakness Stakes was first run at this venue in 1873, and it has continued its tradition till 2022.
Book your tickets to see your favorite horses and jockeys in action! Not only that, you can watch celebrities at the Infieldfest. Stars like Marshmello, The Chainsmokers, and Frank Walker will perform musical arts at the event.
Live Online Streaming
Can’t go to Maryland? No problem! There are numerous mediums online that streams live! You can watch the game at home, in the comfort of your bed or sofa. You can even make a day out of it and invite family and friends and cook some barbeque!
Notable Past Preakness Stakes Winners
The Preakness Stakes race has been going around since the 1800s, so it’s only natural that there are numerous notable winners in the race. Research the following unforgettable winners in the past races to compare past performances with your picks in the 2022 Preakness Stakes.
- Rombauer (2021) was trained by Michael McCarthy (a multiple graded stakes winner) when he won in the 2021 Preakness Stakes. Rombauer won over Midnight Bourbon by two lengths.
- Swiss Skydiver (2020) is the sixth filly to win this mighty race. Kenneth G. McPeek trained Swiss Skydiver in its winning race. Today, this 5-year-old mare is retired and enjoying its moments in the sun after outlasting Authentic in its 2020 duel.
- War of Will (2019) was denied his chance to win in the Kentucky Derby in 2019, but he compensated for this when he won the 144th Preakness Stakes.
- Justify (2018) is the most notable horse in this list. As trained by Bob Baffert, Justify is the 13th horse to win the American Triple Crown; due to this, the horse is currently worth $75 million.
- Cloud Computing (2017) won the 2017 Preakness Stakes by a small margin against a tight competition against Classic Empire. This colt raced straight to the final goal in the race.
What is the Triple Crown?
If you know what the Preakness Stakes is, you’ll be glad to know that this race is the second race of the Triple Crown. The Triple Crown is an American horse racing series that consists of the Kentucky Derby, Belmont Stakes, and of course, the main topic of this article.
All of these three races will take place in one single season. The Kentucky Derby will take place in just a few days, on May 7, 2022, to be exact, after this is the Preakness Stakes at the end of May. And lastly, the Belmont Stakes on July 11, 2022. This week, you can open a bankroll to settle your gambles for these three races, especially the Preakness Stakes.
Betting is no easy feat. Thankfully, you can use the information above to increase your knowledge about the Preakness Stakes. This 2022, be sure to place your wagers wisely and look for the top contenders. Don’t forget to do plenty of research to win big.