RAINY RIVER – COVID-19 Update – Northwestern Health Unit (NWHU) is declaring a COVID-19 outbreak at Riverview Manor in Rainy River because we have determined that there have been exposures to COVID-19 linked to the facility.
The health unit is working closely with the Rainy River District Services Administration Board (RRDSAB), which operates the building, to minimize the impact of COVID-19 on residents and the surrounding community. NWHU has already done an inspection of the building and found that the control measures in place are very good.
We encourage the following additional steps to protect yourself and residents of the building:
– If you have symptoms, you should get tested.
– if you do not have symptoms but live in Riverview Manor, please consider getting tested; you can call
274-3261 extension 6500 to book an appointment.
– If you have symptoms such as cough, fever, fatigue, other cold-like symptoms, vomiting or diarrhea,
please stay home until you are feeling better, staying distant from others inside your home and
remaining inside the home other than to seek emergency health care.
– Only essential visitors should come to your home (visitors that need to provide care for you or bring
you essential supplies such as food). Both you and the visitor should wear masks, stay as far away
from each other as possible, and spend as little time together as possible.
– Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before leaving your apartment, when you enter the building,
before getting in the elevator, and when you arrive back in your apartment.