Thunder Bay – COVID-19 – Do you have travel plans for the holidays?
The Thunder Bay District Health Unit advises:
It is recommended to cancel or postpone any current plans for non-essential travel and consider other options, including connecting or participating virtually.
If residents must travel for urgent or essential reasons, it is strongly recommended to:
- Stay home for 14 days after returning, especially if traveling from a high risk area.
- Carefully monitor yourself for symptoms for these 14 days.
- If any symptoms develop, immediately self-isolate and follow the instructions on the Testing Information page to access testing. Self-isolation includes staying separate from other members of your household.
- If you as the traveler develop any symptoms, your household members, including those who did not travel, should also self-isolate, even if they don’t have symptoms. If they have or develop symptoms, they should get tested as per usual recommendations.
- Do not interact with others outside your household. This includes not having visitors in your home.
- Consult with your employer and your child’s school/child care centre, (if applicable), about guidelines or policies about returning after travel.
As we move forward into the home stretch of 2020, a year many want to put behind us as fast as possible, it is important to consider that the decisions you and your family make in the coming weeks are going to impact the COVID-19 situation for 2021, the new year.